Weight Loss Center of Oklahoma - Bariatric Surgery Oklahoma City
SURGICAL & MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTIONS
Thank you for visiting the Weight Loss Center of Oklahoma bariatric surgery and medical weight loss website. Dr. Russell Gornichec and the entire staff of Weight Loss Center of Oklahoma are dedicated to helping those suffering from morbid obesity and related diseases find a long term and effective weight loss solution. We offer gastric bypass, Lap-Band and gastric sleeve procedures.
Morbid obesity means that a person is so overweight that his or her well-being and health are actually in jeopardy. It is defined in several different ways:
- Weighing more than 100 pounds over your ideal body weight. The ideal body weight is determined by the Metropolitan Life Insurance table and has been in existence since 1959. Most doctors have moved away from using this table because it is very difficult to use (with separate categories for "frame size" and for men and women) and can be inaccurate.
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) equal to or greater than 35 Kg/M2 in a person who has associated medical problems such as high blood pressure, sleep apnea, or diabetes. The BMI relates one's height to weight in an attempt to generate a common denominator for all individuals.
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) equal to or greater than 40 Kg/M2 in a person who either does or does not have any other medical problems.
Patients who are considered morbidly obese have a significantly higher chance of the following (as compared to individuals who are not overweight):
- Dying prematurely morbidly obese individuals have a 300-500% greater chance of dying before the age of 76.
- Developing medical problems including diabetes (1200% higher), high blood pressure (500-600% higher) and heart disease (200-400% higher).
- Developing certain types of cancers such as colon, breast and uterine.
- Developing premature degenerative arthritis and joint pain causing limited mobility and activity.
- Developing Sleep Apnea and Pulmonary Hypertension (which leads to heart failure).
|Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
We feel certain supplements are mandatory for everyone and it is sometimes difficult to find high quality products. We have identified 2 institutions that we believe place an emphasis on quality:
Bariatric Advantage: Specializing in surgical weight loss malnutrition and supplemental support. They offer a full line of vitamins, minerals and protein products designed specifically for gastric band, gastric sleeve, and gastric bypass patients. For More information, click the following link: http://www.bariatricadvantage.com/service/referrerCode?referrer=WLCO
Wellness International (WIN): Offering much more than just nutritional supplements this company is pioneering a new concept of wellness by natural products. Their products are of the highest quality and they come with a 100% money back guarantee. The product line is first rate and my staff and I have tried the majority of the products and found them extremely beneficial. For More information, click the following link: http://www.mywinwebpage.com/87126
Feel free to view the sites and order online or through our office. Let me know how you feel regarding the products you use, and feel free to ask questions regarding supplements you are unsure about.